National POLST Paradigm Legal Resources
Here are some legal resources designed to help identify potential legal barriers of POLST Paradigm Program development and provide guidance for moving past potential barriers:
- POLST Policy Principles (PDF)
- Regulatory/Legislative Comparison of State Programs (PDF)
- POLST Legislative Guide (PDF)
- Potential State Legal Barriers to Implementation (2008) (PDF)
Legal and Medical Aspects of POLST
For information and clarification on the distinctions between and complementary roles of POLST and Advance Directives visit our POLST and Advance Directives web page.
Tools and Sample POLST Policies
For tools and sample policies regarding the implementation of POLST Paradigm Programs, review our toolkits:
- The POLST Quality and Research Toolkit (PQRsT) (2013)
- Using the POLST Paradigm to Honor Patient Treatment Wishes Across the Care Continuum (Care Continuum Toolkit) (2017)
National POLST Paradigm Policies
To learn about official policies to which the National POLST Pardigm adheres, and statements and recommendations approved by the National POLST Paradigm, please visit the Policies web page.