Resolutions Supporting POLST
- American Medical Association
- American College of Emergency Physicians:
- Guidelines for Emergency Physicians on POLST (PDF, 2017).
- The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine
- Policy D-14 (2014).
- American Bar Association
- Recommendation regarding POLST (PDF, 2008).
- American Association of Family Physicians
- Support of Medical Orders for End-of-Life Care (2008, 2015).
Other Support for POLST
- The Pew Charitable Trusts
- Improving End-of-Life Care (2015)
- National Association of Social Workers
- Institute of Medicine (now the National Academy of Medicine)
- Dying in America report (PDF, 2014)
- Public Policy Institute report (PDF, 2011)
- Catholic Health Association
- Ethical Currents publication (PDF, 2010)
National POLST Conflict of Interest Policy
This Conflict of Interest (COI) Policy governs National POLST only, not any of the state POLST Programs. National POLST encourages each state POLST Program to have its own COI policy, reflecting their own values and philosophies. If you have any questions, please contact us or the applicable state POLST Program for more information.
Thank You to our Funders (past and present)!
The dairy farm families who own Cabot Creamery Co-operative support National POLST to assure that the individual end-of-life care voices are heard among all medical support teams in the communities in which we farm and where we sell our cheddar.
Cambia Health Solutions Fund of the Oregon Community Foundation
Special thanks to Bruce Smith for choosing to donate his leadership support funding to National POLST.