Summary of Patient Resources
The below are resources for patients presented throughout our website that are downloadable and printable (PDFs). (Health care providers: please visit our website for professionals.)
- Understanding Advance Care Planning—Different ways to plan for your health care needs, if you are seriously ill or frail. 2 pages.
- Getting Ready to Talk About POLST—What to know before you talk with your health care provider about POLST. 2 pages.
- The National POLST Form Guide for Patients —Detailed guide to help you understand the POLST form.
- What Your Completed POLST Form Means—Brief guide to help you understand everything on your completed POLST form.
- Frequently Asked Questions for Patients. General questions commonly asked about POLST. 1 page.
Resources from Our Partners
Select resources that include POLST for persons living with serious illness or advanced frailty.
- Palliative Care Road Map: A guide for living with serious illness and conditions for patients and those who care for them—from the Washington State Department of Health, this is a 40-page guide to help clarify many of the considerations, including health care decisions, and support services and processes available to those with serious illness.