National POLST eNewsletters below highlight accomplishments, state and National POLST events, upcoming conferences and webinars, and specific national events. Click on any issue date to download, below. Want to receive the eNewsletter in your inbox? Subscribe now!
- The U.S. Government Accountability Office published Advance Care Planning: Selected States’ Efforts to Educate and Address Challenges, describing Advance Directives and POLST in California, Idaho, Oregon and West Virginia.
- POLST Legislative Guide, created in 2014, to be updated, feedback invited.
- Journal of Palliative Medicine: Variation in POLST across the Nation, by Aluem Tark et al. suggests national standards will best aid the honoring of patient EOL wishes.
- Forum Topic: Nutrition on the POLST form.
- First National POLST Plenary Assembly meeting convenes May 13-14, 2018
- Keynote from Respecting Choices features National POLST vision by Amy Vandenbroucke
- Study finds POLST effective in end-of-life care planning in UCLA dementia care management program.
- Forum topic: Patient stories needed!
- Physicians’ Views on Advance Care Planning and End-of-Life Care Conversations in Journal of the American Geriatrics Society
- Update: Professional Guidance for the Intended POLST Population.
- “The POLST Paradox: Opportunities and Challenges in the Emergency Department” in Annals of Emergency Medicine
- Forum topic: Have you used our new Quality Indicator (QI) Tools? Let us know!
- Bud Hammes, PhD, honored for lifetime contributions to Advance Care Planning nationwide
- New guidance by National POLST Paradigm identifying those who are appropriate for POLST
- New POLST Toolkit for Quality Assurance and Quality Indicators
- “Changes Over Time in the Oregon POLST Registry: A Study of Two Decedent Cohorts”
- Forum topic: What is the biggest area(s) of confusion with your POLST form?
- Remembering Dana Zive, MPH, (1976-2018).
- Growth in National POLST reputation, appreciation with strong participation in conferences
- National Consensus Project for Quality Palliative Care Clinical Practice Guidelinesupdated!
- “POLST Facilitation in Complex Care Management: A Feasibility Study”
- Forum Topic: Help us update the POLST Legislative Guide!
- EHR-POLST Integration Webinar on September 27
- C-TAC 2018 National Summit on Advanced Illness Care, Denver, October 9-11.
- “Advance Care Planning: Advance Directives and Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment”
- Forum Topic: AMA Recognizes POLST—CAUTION!
- Health Affairs blog features appropriate use of POLST
- New single-page format for State Laws & Regulations Grid
- Advance Care Planning and POLST: Promise and Pitfalls
- Forum Topic: National POLST Form project
- News: ONC Improving access to POLST documents report
- Resource: Conversation Stater Kits from The Conversation Project
- Research: Surrogate Preferences on the POLST Form (Massachusetts MOLST) in The Gerontologist
- Forum Topic: Use the POLST Care Continuum Toolkit as a training tool?
- New POLST Leadership announced!
- POLST: State Approaches to Registries webinar available online.
- Journal of Palliative Medicine: National Standards and State Variation in POLST Forms.
- Forum Topic: Media resources available for all POLST Programs!
- New national POLST Maps!
- Updated POLST State Laws and Regulations Comparison Chart.
- POLST: The Seven Deadly Sins
- NEW POLST Technology Consensus Project Webinar Series Starts May 22!
- Forum Topic: Revisiting the “Surprise Question”