National POLST eNewsletters below highlight accomplishments, state and National POLST events, upcoming conferences and webinars, and specific national events. Click on any issue date to download, below. Want to receive the eNewsletter in your inbox? Subscribe now!
- National POLST Maps and Charts updated!
- April 13 Webinar: Overview of POLST Technology Project
- Hickman et al. explore POLST Concordance in two 2 studies in JAGS
- Digital Media & Branding Webinar from March
- West Virginia adapted the National POLST Form.
- New York Times article emphasized the need for POLST Education.
- February 11 Webinar: Experiences in Re-housing POLST Programs.
- March 16 Webinar: Branding, Web and Social Media Tips for POLST Programs.
- Research study in Laryngoscope: EOL practice patterns in head and neck cancers.
- Research study in American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Care: The Role of Regional and State Initiatives in Nursing Home ACP Policies.
- Forum Topic of the Month: POLST and Code Status.
- Join our 21-Day Racial Equity Habit-Building Challenge!
- Register for Webinar: Experiences in Re-Housing POLST Programs
- Watch Webinar: How We Adopted and Are Using the National POLST Form
- Evaluation of a Toolkit to Improve Dementia ACP
- EMS Online Medical Direction in Emergency EOL Decision-Making
- Forum Topic: Reminder to Plenary Assembly Members: Please review our draft policies!
- Register now for our Webinar: How We Adopted and Are Using the National POLST Form
- Watch the Webinar on POLST Legislative Challenges
- Rapid Implementation of eMOLST Using Telehealth in the COVID-19 Pandemic (NEJM Catalyst Innovations in Care Delivery)
- Forum topic: How does your POLST Program stay on top of legislation?
- Check out our new Incentives and Quality Assurance Policy
- Webinar 11/18: Making POLST work when legislation is less than ideal
- POLST Concordance in Nursing Homes in Journal of General Internal Medicine
- Seeking input!
- Should we say “patient” or “person”?
- Your feedback still wanted on our draft Trauma Policy!
- National POLST partners with Naveon, adding videos to revised POLST website
- New Directory of POLST Programs on the National POLST website
- How COVID changed Advance Care Planning: Insights from West Virginia in Journal of Pain and Symptom Management
- Your feedback wanted on our Draft Trauma Policy!
- National POLST releases statement about celebrity video featuring POLST
- National POLST Patient Resources
- Improving Medical-Legal Advance Care Planning
- Forum Topic: Witness Signatures on POLST
- Non-English speaking use of POLST
- New Hampshire POLST Program adopts National POLST Form
- Register for NASEM workshops on Advance Care Planning
- Appropriate Use of POLST in the Outpatient Setting
- C-TAC webinar, AMDA podcast feature POLST during COVID-19
- National POLST COVID-19 Resources page
- “A Video Decision Aid to Reduce Decisional Conflict in POLST Decision-Making,” coauthored by Woody Moss, in Journal of Palliative Care.
- Forum Topics: Updates to using Teleheath for ACP and DocuSign for POLST