National POLST eNewsletters below highlight accomplishments, state and National POLST events, upcoming conferences and webinars, and specific national events. Click on any issue date to download, below. Want to receive the eNewsletter in your inbox? Subscribe now!
- Idaho adopted the National POLST Form.
- Quality Indicator #3 released to help individuals & organizations conduct quality assurance for their own POLST activities.
- Research: Social Determinants of Health and POLST.
- Forum topic: How Does Your POLST Program Stay on Top of Legislation?
- Congrats and thank you to Charlie S.!
- POLST CDA Approved
- POLST Ethical Principles & Standards Guidance
- Research: Recent Systematic Review of POLST: implications for further research
- POLST EHR Guidance Updated
- Forum Topic: Looking for health care systems measuring ACP and/or POLST quality
- POLST in the 6 New England States (a case for the National POLST Form) in JAGS
- Webinar: Best Practices in Using POLST hosted by the National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP)
- New review in JAGS – POLST and treatment intensity
- Resources Guidance for POLST Use within Disability Communities
- Consider Donating to National POLST!
- Tech Webinar on EHRs: How to Advocate for POLST Inclusion in Patient Workflows
- Simple Clinical Exercises Help Prepare Med Students for Advance Care Planning
- Don’t Forget Civil Monetary Penalty Funds!
- Congratulations to Illinois, Iowa & Pennsylvania POLST Leaders!
- New POLST Map Webpage and State Directory!
- Research: Are We Getting What We Really Want?
- Forum Topic: Does Patient Self Determination Act require that we talk to all of our patients about code status?
2021 July: Tech
- National POLST is helping to develop interoperability standards (HL7 CDA, FHIR)
- State of California commits 10M to California POLST Registry!
- Several Research articles related to technology (EMR, patient portals, telehealth)
- National POLST Guidance on Severe Trauma released
- POLST Tech Webinar (May 18) – When someone dials 911: how EMS uses POLST
- POLST Tech Webinar 3 of 5 (June 15) – Interoperability: sharing POLST across systems.
- Palliative Care Education Needs of Internal Medicine Residents by Frydman et al. in American Journal of Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Oncologists in ACP: Getting by with a Little Help from Our Friends in Journal of Palliative Medicine
- National POLST Maps and Charts updated
- Webinar: Overview of POLST Technology Project
- Hickman et al.: Two papers about POLST and Goal Concordance
- Digital Media & Branding Webinar available on the Forum