Award for Outstanding Service in Support of National POLST
Susan Tolle, MD, was recognized for Outstanding Service as a POLST leader. This award honored Dr. Susan Tolle’s steadfast dedication and long-term service to developing National POLST. Through her leadership Dr. Tolle:
- Established the National POLST Office, supporting it financially and administratively, and served as the National POLST Treasurer for over nine years;
- Authored, conducted and advised on numerous POLST research initiatives;
- Mentored and supported state POLST programs through research, educational tool development (including many videos), and spent countless hours providing specific technical assistance to POLST leaders;
- Served on the National POLST Paradigm Task Force, including many subcommittees; and
- Tirelessly sought to preserve the integrity of National POLST.
This award was presented to Susan Tolle, MD at the 2016 National POLST Conference in Chicago, Illinois on February 4, 2016.
2016 Appreciation of Kate O’Malley, RN, MS, CHPN
Kate O’Malley, RN, MS, CHPN, was recognized for her outstanding contributions to National POLST and presented an award in appreciation of, and recognition for, all her work in supporting National POLST at the 2016 National POLST Conference in Chicago, Illinois on February 4, 2016. We greatly appreciate Ms. O’Malley and California HealthCare Foundation’s support over the last five years.