One of the central purposes of the National POLST Paradigm is to share the collective knowledge of POLST Paradigm Programs nationwide to foster the development and improvement of POLST Paradigm Programs. To further this goal, the educational resources section of the website provides a broad array of materials to help developing programs foster POLST in their states.
Are you aware of a resource we haven’t listed? If you are doing research or creating an article about the POLST Paradigm, please contact us to let us know!
National POLST Paradigm Resources:
- Legal Resources designed to help identify potential legal barriers of POLST Paradigm Program development and provide guidance for moving past potential barriers.
- Policies, statements and recommendations formally approved by the National POLST Paradigm Task Force.
- Research includes an exhaustive list of citations of academic research studies on POLST.
- Resource Library includes state-specifc and national POLST materials, including POLST Forms, Brochures, Guidelines, Registry Annual Reports, etc.
- Videos include:
- POLST Paradigm Stories, which include patient stories about POLST;
- Educational POLST Videos, which include POLST: Doing it Better, an introduction to the National POLST Paradigm, Overviews of POLST, tips on Having the Conversation, and many state-specific videos on POLST;
- Webinars that discuss specific aspects of POLST, such as The Role of POLST in the Care of People with Dementia, EMS’s Vital Role with POLST, Models for Creating, Developing and Sustaining State POLST Paradigm Programs, OHSU’s ePOLST Implementation Process and Lessons Learned, etc.
- POLST and Religion includes our white paper on POLST Paradigm Fundamentals, and many articles and resources from the Catholic Health Association, on POLST, Advance Care Planning, and end-of-life care planning specifically.